We began treating Schizophrenia in 1979 with the goal of helping clients learn independent living skills. Over the years we have expanded our unique therapeutic model to treat other diagnoses. Hanbeceya develops comprehensive treatment plans tailored to the specific needs of each client.
Specializing in complex psychiatric conditions, Hanbleceya provides compassionate care to a vastly underserved population.
With a typical length of stay exceeding 12 months, our clients have the opportunity to both learn and practice the relationship and life skills needed to take charge of their lives and reach the highest possible level of independence by being an integral member of a supportive community.
Our Treatment Specialties Include:
- Schizoaffective Disorder
- Bipolar Disorders
- Dual Diagnoses
- Personality Disorders
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
With Individualized Programs That Offer:
- Addiction Recovery Case Management
- Adventure Therapy
- Equine Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling and Education
- Physical Wellness Training
- Rock to Recovery Music Program
Our Therapeutic Approach
We employ an integrated, holistic and individualized approach to healing within a therapeutic community environment. Recognizing that each client is unique, a variety of treatment modalities are used to optimize individual healing and the building of a solid social support system. The intensive treatment program at Hanbleceya is designed to address the emotional, physical, mental, and spiritual facets of well-being.
Therapy Modalities Include:
- Milieu Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Experiential Therapies
- Chemical Dependency and Addiction Case Management
- Recovery Programs (12-Step, SMART Recovery®)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Intensive Family Therapy
- Psychodynamic Approaches
- Nutritional Counseling
- Art Therapy
- Assertiveness Training
- Relapse Prevention
Our clients have the opportunity to experience a variety of empirically-based treatment modalities within a therapeutic community that offers connection, acceptance, and belonging.
Educational and Vocational Support
- Establishment of achievable educational and vocational goals
- Job, school, and/or training placement assistance
- Resume and interview preparation
- Time management and conflict resolution
- Support in developing a strong work ethic and commitment to success
Family members play a critical and central role in supporting their loved one with creating a life of health, stability, and success. Family participation and support includes:
- Weekly family therapy sessions
- Biweekly multi-family educational groups
- Bimonthly family weekends and multi-family support groups
- Learning effective, healthy and supportive communication skills
- The empowerment and support of their loved one’s independence
- Developing boundaries to promote the health of the entire family system
In our semi-independent homes, clients are supported in learning to live cooperatively, manage various household tasks, attain and maintain medication compliance, and develop the skills necessary for independent and quality living.